- The Coughlin Negative Collection contains 364 negatives of various sizes, both color and black and white. The collection includes images of portraits, wedding celebrations, school photographs, reproductions of Seneca Ray Stoddard images and images of local structures and daily life.
- 364 Photographic negatives
- Scope and Content:
The majority of Coughlin's images are of local interest as well as a number of professional portraits.
- Biographical / Historical:
William Coughlin (1914-1985) was a full-time resident of Keene Valley, New York. He taught photography in Adult Education classes in various New York state high schools and was one-time Chairman of The Professional Photographers Society of New York. He was married to the former Helen Broe of Keene Valley.
- Rules or conventions:
- Describing Archives: a Content Standard
The Keene Valley Library Archives is open to the public at prescribed hours.
- TERMS OF ACCESS:
Negatives can be viewed in the Archives. All negatives have been scanned and scanned images are available electronically.
- LOCATION OF THIS COLLECTION:
1796 Rte 73Keene Valley, NY 12943, United States