The Ob"edinenie chinov Kornilovskogo udarnogo polka Records, 1917 - 1984

Descriptive Identification

Repository
Foundation of Russian History,
1407 Robinson Road
Jordanville, NY 13361
Extent
1.2 cubic feet (3 manuscript boxes)
Creator
Ob"edinenie chinov Kornilovskogo udarnogo polka.
Language
Russian
Abstract
This collection contains the records of the Ob"edinenie chinov Kornilovskogo udarnogo polka, the Union of Kornilov Shock Regiment Veterans, a unit of the White Army during the Russian Civil War.

Download Container List

Administrative Information

Access Restriction

This collection is open for research according to the regulations of the Foundation of Russian History.

Use Restriction

Permission to quote (publish) from unpublished or previously published material must be obtained as described in the regulations of the Foundation of Russian History.

Biographical/Historical Commentary

Formed in May, 1917, the Kornilov Shock Regiment was named after General Lavr Georgievich Kornilov, and saw action in the Kerenksy Offensive of July 1917, and later during Lavr Kornilov's failed counterrevolutionary putsch in August of 1917. During the Russian Civil War, the Kornilov Shock Regiment took part in campaigns along the Don River, joining the Volunteer Army led by General Kornilov.

Scope and Content

These papers consist of select records of the Ob”edinenie chinov Kornilovskogo udarnogo polka, the Union of Kornilov Shock Regiment Veterans, one of the units of the White Army during the Russian Civil War. The records relate to the fate of the regiment’s members in the emigration, dating from 1921 to 1980, and relating to their presence in Bulgaria, Serbia, France, Belgium and other European countries. Included among the documents are correspondence, financial records, membership lists, orders, photographs, and reports.

Detailed processing and preservation microfilming for these materials were made possible by a generous grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities and by matching funds from the Hoover Institution and the Holy Trinity Seminary. The grant also provides depositing a microfilm copy in the Hoover Institution Archives. The original materials remain in the Holy Trinity Seminary Archives as its property. A transfer table indicating corresponding box and reel numbers is appended to this register. Any views, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in these materials do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for the Humanities.