Processed in 2012 by Geoffrey A. Huth and Amy C. Schindler .
Access to this record group is unrestricted.
The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives will provide information about copyright owners and other restrictions, but the legal determination ultimately rests with the researcher. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the Head of Special Collections and Archives.
All items in this manuscript group were lent to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, by the Schenectady Labor Temple Association for preservation photocopying as a part of the Harry Van Arsdale, Jr., Labor History Project. The originals have been returned to the Schenectady Labor Temple Association.
Preferred citation for this material is as follows:
Identification of specific item, series, box, folder, Schenectady Labor Temple Association, 1912-1977. M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York (hereafter referred to as [shortened name]).
The Schenectady Labor Temple Association was incorporated in 1907 and was primarily interested in the erection and then the management of the Schenectady Labor Temple. The Association has also been involved in promoting labor interests in Schenectady, New York, most obviously through the publication of an annual labor and business directory. The Schenectady Labor Temple was designed by Schenectady architect R. L. Bowen and completed in 1927 on the corner of Clinton and Liberty Streets. The Labor Temple provided office and meeting space for unions throughout eastern New York and extending as far north as the Canadian border.
The collection contains minutes of meetings, 1912–1958; yearbooks, 1931–1967; and by–laws, 1940s, 1960s.